I adore baking sweet treats and apple pies, but this summer heat has got me dreading the use of an oven! To satisfy my sweet tooth without melting in the kitchen, I made these mint oreo pudding pops and loved how they turned out! The best part is that you can have the kiddos help make these. You can also add really any kind of candy or cookie you want! A vanilla pudding with Reese’s Pieces or a Strawberries and Cream pop… YUM!
What you will need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
- Resealable plastic baggie
- popsicle mold (or small paper cups and wood popsicle sticks)
- Small spoon
- 1 package (3.0 oz) of Chocolate Pudding- we like the Jell-O Simply Good Pudding Mix
- 2 cups cold coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- 3 Oreo cookies– we used the seasonal 4th of July Fireworks flavor- they have little pop rocks in them!
- 3-4 Andes mints
- 1/2 cup thawed whipped topping
Empty the pudding packet and the 2 cups cold milk into the large bowl.
Beat the coconut milk and pudding mix in the large bowl with a whisk for 2 minutes.
Put the cookies and Andes mints in a resealable plastic baggie. (TIP: I recommend freezing the mints a bit before this step, they melt so quickly!) Let your kids crush the cookies with a rolling pin.
Add the cookies and mints + the 1/2 cup whipped topping the bowl. Stir until well blended.
Carefully spoon the pudding mixture into the molds. We had enough to make two molds that have 8 popsicles each.
Freeze util firm. Ours took about 4 hours. Enjoy! TIP: These are difficult to take out of the molds, so wait a minute or two and run some warm water on the bottom of the molds to wiggle the pops out.
You may also like: