August was a whirlwind of camping, weekend getaways, out-of-state visitors and getting ready for my kiddo to start preschool. September is going to be just as busy so before I blink and another month passes , let me jump on in to my favorites from August.
*This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclaimer here.
1. Yet again, I am sharing an amazing beauty product from The Honest Company ! (Surprise, Surpise). You all know how I rave about their makeup… well I started trying out their skincare and I am just so impressed with consistency of quality products, I’m just a bit obsessed. Ok, a lot obsessed. I have been using the Younger Face Deep Hydration Cream all month and it’s definitely a new favorite! I have very dry skin and this one checks off all the must-haves I need in a daily moisturizer. It makes my skin super hydrated while still not making it oily. ( tip: I apply it and then doing something else, like do my hair or brew a cup of coffee. It takes a few minutes to really sink into the skin.) It smells SO good. It has an earthy scent that smells like something I would have in my diffuser. (probably from the chamomile and calendula). My skin is hydrated, dewy, and glowing after I use this!
2. Continuing with Honest skincare , I also tried out the Depuffed Eye Gel. I can truly say that I didn’t even know I had puffy eyes until I started using this. I knew when I had bags after a late night or my lovely seasonal allergies were kicking my butt… but I started using this daily and have noticed a huge difference ! I can use it on just one eye and in under 2 minutes I can actually notice a difference between the two ! Plus the metal applicator is so refreshing in the A.M. It feels cold so it helps to wake up those tired momma eyes !
3. This month’s blogger is Tabitha Blue from Fresh Mommy Blog. You are going to LOVE her blog and Instagram feed ! Her beautiful bright and fresh photos are darling and I just love reading her blog. She talks about motherhood, fashion,travel and shares some delicious recipes…AND she has a YouTube channel that I am totally obsessed with now! She just bought a home and she is renovating most of the house, her husband doing most of the work himself. We are finally talking about buying a home here in Denver ourselves, and are looking at some fixer uppers! I am so excited to follow along while they “make their house a home”. Her bubbly personality is addictive and she is a genuinely beautiful women inside and out. So please go check her out ! Her youtube channel : Tabitha Blue
4. The essential oil I have been loving all month long is Peace and Calming. I have talked about this oil before, how I love to diffuse it with Thieves in the A.M. This month I have actually been using it topically for myself and have noticed my mood mellows out wonderfully with this one. I apply directly to the back of my neck when I am stressed or exhausted and it really seems to calm me down and let me think clearly. Peace and Calming is a favorite to a lot of people, and I really can see why! My son likes this one too and I have been using it diluted on the back of his neck during long car rides. You can get your wholesale membership here to get discounts and rewards on oils !
5. Last month I found a book for Liam at our favorite book store – Second Star to The Right. I was thrilled to finally find a book that had his name in it ! The main character of It Came In The Mail is named Liam. The story is about how this child named Liam wants some mail and when his mailbox magically delivers all sorts of crazy things to him, he decides he wants to share all these wonderful things with his friends. The illustrations are silly and colorful. It has become a new favorite in our collection. It is always fun when you can find books with your children’s name in them! You can buy this book on Amazon here.
6. Last month I was lucky enough to win a pretty amazing giveaway on Instagram! I loved everything I got from Discovery Pack ( a camping subscription box) and loved that I got to discover and try out new brands. Besides all the t-shirts and hats you may have seen in recent Instagram photos, I also received this perfectly simple card holder. I am usually carrying around my giant bag and wallet. I normally like to carry around all my reward and club cards, coupons, change… all that. But when I made the switch to use this beautiful little thing for a few days, I was IN LOVE. I can actually put my wallet in my back pocket which is great for exploring a new city and not wanting to carry a bag around. Or when you go for drinks with the girls, not having to lug a giant bag around is pretty great. What I like most though about this leather wallet… is that when I opened it from the sweet linen pouch it came in, there was a little card in there saying… ” The card holder in natural was deigned by FOXTAIL GOODS & was handmade for you! It was released as an edition of 50 on Aug 15. We hope you find it as special as we do! 10 of 50.” This made it seem so special and unique. I probably will never see anyone else with this cardholder. I just adore it !
Thank you for stopping by!
I hope you all had a wonderfully relaxing holiday weekend !
Until next time