Another month has flown by ! I’m talking about my July favorites and I’m excited to share with you some great products, an inspiring blogger, and even something new I am sharing each month now… my favorite spots around Denver!
*This post contains affiliate links which means I make a small commission if you make a purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting New Momma Survival !
- For the past couple of months I have been trying many products from The Honest Company and have been raving about them to everyone . Well, I have another new beauty favorite ! Their concealer duo in vanishing vanilla is just too good to not share ! It’s a thicker formula but still easy to blend out. I use the lighter shade for under my eye and the darker color to cover up blemishes. I love that the packaging has a mirror in it. I can throw this in my bag and easily do any quick touch ups if I need to, using the mirror. And as always, I love that it is a more natural and always cruelty-free. You can use it with a concealer brush but I think that it works best just using my ring finger to blend it out.
- My favorite essential oil that I have been using all month long is Cedarwood. I diffuse it to help relax, I diluted it to help sooth my son’s mosquito bite , and have been adding a couple drops to my wool dryer balls to my laundry. (Cedar wood is amazing at neutralizing odors). I love the earthy, woody scent and will apply a bit on the back of my neck in the A.M. before the hectic routine of the day starts.
- I wanted to start sharing my favorite local businesses each month around Denver so I thought I’d start with one of my favorite donut shops ! (I’m a bit of a donut addict if you didn’t already know that). Holy Donuts is in Northglenn, CO run by two of the sweetest people you could meet. William and Mary Sollenberger opened up shop in 2015 and I have had such a great experience every time I go in there. The donuts are always fresh and delicious and the coffee is perfection. On Fridays, they hand-make their special French crullers. (They are delicious, huge twisted donuts). YUM! If you live near Denver head up I-25 to 104th and down to Huron St. You won’t be disappointed!
- This month’s favorite blogger is Andrea Snow of www.snowbyheart.com. I love her Instagram feed – her photos are always so beautiful and bright. What I love most about Andrea is her positive attitude and her support in the blogging community. Blogging can be an absolute blast and it can also be quite stressful and discouraging. She has a very encouraging voice in the mom blog community and I admire her for that !Her style is adorable and I love her clean, easy-to-navigate website. So go check out her blog and give it some love ! ❤️
- While on our little getaway in Grand Lake this month I stopped into a little boutique and found another Colorado book for Liam. It’s called Love is all around Colorado written by Wendi Silvano and it’s a new favorite in our house ! The book talks about different cities around Colorado and Liam was so excited to hear the names of familiar towns. He also loved that he could point out all the places we have been that are illustrated in the book. It talks about children’s feelings and that love can be found everywhere. The bouncey rhythmic wording is fun for both me and Liam !
- The last thing I want to share for July Favorites is my new favorite cocktail… my version of a Moscow mule. I love to mix up classic cocktails and a Moscow mule is just always so perfect on a hot summer night. That refreshing lime and the bubbly ginger beer just hit the spot. Now, I didn’t get too crazy changing the ingredients up. I threw a Fourth of July party this year and there were several bottles of random liquor that people left here. One of them was Tuaca Vanilla Citrus Liqueur, which I had never even tried before. This liqueur is sweet and smooth with a touch of vanilla. I ran out of my Tito’s so I tried this instead, and now I’m hooked! Hope you enjoy…
Vanilla Moscow Mule
- 1 chilled glass
- 1 lime
- 2 shot glasses Tuaca Vanilla Citrus Liqueur
- 1 can ginger beer
Fill your chilled glass with ice.
Add 1-2 shots of Tuaca
Slice your lime in half and squeeze one slice into the cup and the other you can use for a garnish.
Top with chilled ginger beer
These moscow mule hammered mugs are on my wishlist! (Nathan, if you are reading this… hint hint )
That’s it for my July Favorites !
Thank you so much for stopping by. If you like this post, you should check out :
Have a beautiful day !