How is it July?! I know I can’t be the only one thinking summer is flying by. I barely remember June! Didn’t we just celebrate Easter?
June surely did fly by but I still have to share my June favorites! And I am really excited to share some awesome new stuff I used all month long ! SO here we go…
This post contains affiliate links and I was given some of these products to try out for my honest review. All opinions are my own. To read my full disclaimer click here.
- Bella B is an organic mommy and baby company (made in the USA) that makes some pretty great stuff. I was generously given a few products to try out and I am SO glad that I did because I have been telling all my friends and family about this brand! I first want to spotlight their foaming face wash. It is made with organic ingredients, hypollagernic, and paraben free. It is supposed to help “minimize oily skin and blemishes with pharmaceutical grade tea-tree oil.” Now normally when I see any skincare that says it will help with oily skin I go running for the hills because my skin is already so dry. But this glorious new favorite face wash of mine does not dry out my skin at all! In fact, it feels actually calming to my skin and the foamy lather smells so fresh and natural. I just love it ! Another huge plus is that this face wash is free of cleansers that are often not recommended for mothers during or after pregnancy (benzoyl peroxide, alpha hydroxy and salicylic acids). If you are going to try anything from this brand I highly recommend this face wash!
- My second favorite this month is also from Bella B. I tried out the Silk and Honey daily moisturizing lotion for me and my son. We have used it all month long and I am so happy to say that both my son and I have had no reactions to this one! We both seem to have sensitive skin more in the summer months than the winter months. I have no idea why! He also has dry skin like me (poor guy only inherited all my allergies and skin issues) so every night before bed I slather him down with lotion. I love that this lotion is not too thick and does not have a heavy scent. It is light and fresh and made with shea, mango, silk and honey. I got the 2 oz bottle and it lasted us about a month and a half using it almost every day. It’s a great size to throw in your purse/diaper bag too.
- My next favorite this month is actually not a product but a blog! Each month I want to share a favorite blogger of mine (which is seriously so hard to choose because I know so many amazing bloggers!) This month I want to feature Sara from Mother and Style Blog. I found her through one of the great blogging communities I belong to. I stalk her Instagram feed shamelessly because it is just so beautiful! Her photos are bright and crisp and happy. You cannot look at her Instagram and not feel inspired. Her blog is beautiful too! It’s clean, easy to navigate and again, inspiring. Her son is beyond adorable and her fashion sense is simple, sophisticated and actually obtainable for new mothers. Though I have not met Sara in person, just “virtually”, I can say her beauty really shines from the inside out. I am excited to see her blog grow and follow her along this crazy blogging journey! Please head on over to her blog and follow her Instagram too!
- I tried another new mascara because I never have really found the perfect one, ya know? There are some products that I am just satisfied with and know I will continue to buy them. Mascara is something I will always continue to try new brands and formulas. This month I tried out a mascara from a fairly new brand called Limelight by Alcone. My beautiful dear friend Melissa just started her own Limelight business and I bought the mascara from her at her launch party. So far, I am actually liking this brand a lot. The packaging for the makeup is clean but beautiful and the catalogue is really cute too. I am excited to try more products from this brand ! Back to the mascara… I first want to say that I adore the brush. Though I will use any type of mascara brush, the big and fluffy kinds are my favorite. I already have pretty long lashes so I usually look for more volumizing mascara than lengthening. This mascara gives both though! It has lengthening fibers and won’t smudge at all. I have tried mascara with fibers plenty of times and often it flakes off mid-day and I have lovely little black specks under my eye. I don’t get that from this mascara which is a win in my book! You can order yourself this awesome mascara at huntressofbeauty.com
- Deodorant is not a fun thing to shop for. Right? Most people just head to the store and grab whatever one smells good. Do you even know what is IN your deodorant?? Most of the store antiperpsinats contain chemicals like aluminum chloride and nasty parabens that have been linked to breast cancer, lymph node cancer, Alzheimer’s disease and liver disease. Not so good. I read an article about 6 years ago warning about the potential effects of using these antiperspirants so I switched to a natural one right away. If you have tried the natural brands you can find at Sprouts, Whole Foods and even Target… you know that they really don’t work that great. I had to constantly reapply them and though they smelled great and I felt good about not using something filled with harmful chemicals… it really felt like i was just spreading perfume or lotion under my arms. I still got sweaty and smelly throughout the day anyways. Enter Humble brand and I am doing the happy dance ! This deodorant is made in small batches right here in the USA. No parabens, aluminum-free, cruelty-free, and organic. And it WORKS! Ladies, I know that deodorant normally is not something to get excited about… but for years I have been searching for something that actually works and I have finally found it. So yea, I may be a bit too excited, but YES! I have been using the lavender scent and the cedar wood. The lavender smells ah-maxing and the cedar wood would be perfect for your man too. It is more of a light, earthy scent. Another cool thing about this brand is that is completely affordable! You can have a monthly subscription so they are sent right to your door each month. It’s $8.00 every 3 months with a 3-month free trial and a $1.00 sign-up fee plus free shipping! Not too shabby, people. ** Head to my Instagram for your chance to WIN one of these awesome deodorants!
- With most days in the 90s now here in Denver, I usually don’t reach for a hot drink in the afternoon. All of June I have been sipping on the Pure Leaf Iced Green Tea with Citrus I boil about a cup of water and add it to the glass with the tea bag and let that steep for a few minutes. I then add ice and fill it to the top of the glass. Easy peasy! It is already sweet with the citrus but if I want it even sweeter I add this Kelly’s Delight Pure Cane Liquid Sugar to it. This is also a great iced tea to make a pitcher of for when friends are over. It is so refreshing and just a hint of that citrus ! Cheers
I would love to know in the comments if you have tried any of these products I have talked about ! Also, what is your favorite deodorant? Favorite iced drink? I would love to know !
Have a beautiful day!
PS- aren’t these wildflowers in the photos so pretty!? I picked these on a recent hike (look for an upcoming post about this kid-friendly hike to Caribou Ranch)